Sher Ethiopia is looking for an experienced School Director of all our Sher Schools and who is a strong professional in managing and leading schools at KG, primary, elementary and high school level.
Our current Sher Schools Director will go on retirement and our new colleague will be based in Ziway town, at 2 hours drive from Addis. And will pay regular visits to our other Schools in Tulu, about 5 km from Ziway.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The School Director of the Sher schools is responsible for a proper functioning of all the Sher schools meaning a correct and effective management according to the internal guidelines and policies of the Company and as per set guidelines of the rules and regulation of both Oromia Education Bureau and Federal / Governmental rules. The School Director ensures that the school and all the staff is working according to the above and coordinates the necessary actions to uphold the (internal) guidelines and policies. He /she is leading the School Management Team and leads by example. The School Principles of each school – KG, primary / elementary and high school, are reporting into this vacant position.
Some of the key tasks of the Sher Schools Director are:
- Ensures national and regional education standards and guidelines are well implemented at all levels in the schools
- Verifies standards and measurements of enrolments set are achieved and fulfilled
- Verifies and ensures proper documentation and records of students are compiled, documented and kept in a modern manner
- Manages, leads, monitors and controls the school principals’ effectiveness in leading the individual Sher schools
- Plans, organizes, manages and controls the Sher schools’ overall enrolment and teaching and learning activities
- Verifies and ensures – in coordination with School Principals and other management team members – that classrooms, teaching-learning materials, equipment, infrastructure and technologies are sufficiently availed and maintained in the schools that facilitate teaching and learning processes.
- Sets goals and expectations, strategic resourcing and planning and coordinates teaching- learning processes and development of the schools.
- Chairs, manages and leads the management team of the schools
- Timely preparation of various reports of the school to Sher management
- Attends meetings related to the school and interacts pro actively with Company executives
- Monitors school-feed are implemented in accordance with the Company policy
- Plans medium and long term development of the schools, in collaboration and coordination with the Senior Leadership team of the Company
Skills set of the candidate
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced MS office user (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Good report writing and planning ability
- Ability of writing and speaking in Afan Oromo, Amharic and English language
Required qualification and experiences
- Minimum BA but preferably Masters Degree graduate in educational planning and management or related field of study
- Have minimum of 15 years of work experiences as a School Director, preferably in private or public schools.
Due Date to apply: before 1 February 2023
How to apply: Qualified applicants who fulfill above mentioned requirements can apply in sending their application letter and CV in English to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org